TurboC 2.0 vs. TurboC Professional

Michael Ho ho at fergvax.unl.edu
Tue Jul 25 03:48:00 AEST 1989

>From article <14607 at dartvax.Dartmouth.EDU>, by pete at northstar89.dartmouth.edu (Peter Schmitt):
> What is the difference (besides price) between these two products.
> Why would I want or need one over the other.

Turbo C Professional == Turbo C 2.0 + Turbo Debugger + Turbo Assembler

If you're going to be doing heavy work on big projects, or plan to do
low-level systems work, I'd splurge for the Professional.  Otherwise,
it's a tossup.  I have Pro, and I use the Debugger once in a while;  it's
saved some projects that I had given up for dead, so I think it's worth
it.  Depends on what you'll be doing.  It's also nice to have an
assembler around once in a while.
---
	... Michael Ho, University of Nebraska    <ho at fergvax.unl.edu>