Meaning of "#define-" (trailing hyphen?)

John Rogers johnro at microsoft.UUCP
Sat Jul 15 07:03:25 AEST 1989

Hi!  I've been browsing through C code that's been posted to the
net recently, and I've noticing something I don't understand.  A
couple of times, I've seen something like this:

#define- FLARP whatever

complete with the hyphen immediately after the "#define".  (I know I've
seen this in the NN patches that were just posted, and I think I noticed
this somewhere else on Usenet in the last week.)

What questions are:

(1) What does this mean (if anything)?

(2) What dialects is it legal in?

(3) Does this comply with the pANS?

Thanks in advance, as they say, and happy hacking!