string comparisons in C

Henry Spencer henry at utzoo.uucp
Wed Jul 19 12:54:40 AEST 1989

In article <447ec923.14a1f at gtephx.UUCP> covertr at gtephx.UUCP (Richard E. Covert) writes:
>...I have found out that pnmatch() once existed in Version 7 (MINIX is
>Version 7) UNIX.

Can you cite a reference for this?  It wasn't in the V7 that utzoo ran
until a year ago -- and our distribution tape came direct from Bell Labs.

>I did look up pnmatch() and it is not in the ANSI Draft C. But neither is the
>regexp() function mentioned elsewhere.

However, something very much like my regexp functions is likely to appear
in Son of Posix (1003.2, that is -- standardizing commands turned out to
be a good time to make some additions to the libraries).
--
$10 million equals 18 PM       |     Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
(Pentagon-Minutes). -Tom Neff  | uunet!attcan!utzoo!henry henry at zoo.toronto.edu