Turbo C 2.0 vs MSC 5.1

Stuart Gathman stuart at bms-at.UUCP
Sun Jul 16 04:13:25 AEST 1989

In article <1169 at hydra.cs.Helsinki.FI>, grano at kreeta.cs.Helsinki.FI (Juhani Grano) writes:

> Another point. The CodeView debugger supplied with MSC seems to be able
> to handle larger programs than the Turbo Debugger supplied with TC
> Professional package. I have successfully debugged 300+ KB programs with
> it, having the standard 640K core. With TD, I remember having
> difficulties with 200+ KB programs.

Turbo debugger comes with two programs to debug large applications.

	1) remote debugging works with 2 PC's linked with a serial
	cable.  Only a small stub resides with the application, all the
	symbol tables & window goodies are on the other PC.  Can, incidently,
	be used for 115000 baud file transfer also. GREAT!

	2) 386 debugger uses virtual 8086 mode to accomplish the same feat.
	I don't have a 386 and haven't tried this.