Indefinite-length array as member of struct: how?

R. Vuurboom roelof at idca.tds.PHILIPS.nl
Wed Jul 12 03:19:07 AEST 1989

|In article <1148 at crdgw1.crd.ge.com| davidsen at crdos1.UUCP (bill davidsen) writes:
|
|Here are a few passages from the draft standard (begin quote):
|
|  Although I can't imagine anyone implementing this incorrectly,
|neighther section says anything about "increasing" sequence, just that
|the allocation is sequential. Still, how much better it would have been
|to say something like:
|
|	"A *structure type* indicates a set of member objects,
|allocated in increasing sequential order, each of which has an
|optionally specified name and possibly a distince type."

Well if we _really_ want to be nit-picky: I don't think I care whether
the objects are allocated sequentially or all at the same time :-).

You might need something like this:

A *structure type* indicates an ordered set of member objects. The
corresponding allocated areas (in memory) follow the same ordering. Each
member object has an optionally...bla bla

--
Roelof Vuurboom  SSP/V3   Philips TDS Apeldoorn, The Netherlands   +31 55 432226
domain: roelof at idca.tds.philips.nl             uucp:  ...!mcvax!philapd!roelof