Lightspeed "C" 3.02 Neophyte Question / prob.

Peter Ferris pff at thumper.bellcore.com
Mon Jul 31 11:25:30 AEST 1989

Dear C & Mac Gurus,

I'm begining to teach myself "C" (AGAIN!).  I'm using LSC (Lightspeed C,
Version 3.02 by Symantec). Everything is going well BUT for one thing!  I've
"written" the following "Hello World" program - per K&R:

/*****
*
* Hello World - LSC 3.02
* Pete Ferris 07/15/89
*
*****/
#include <stdio.h>
main()
{
	printf("Hello world!\n");
}

Everything runs just fine... TOO fine!  I believe it works, but it's toooo
quick!  The console window opens, displays "Hello world!" and 'slams' shut
VERY, VERY quickly.  Any suggestions?  I've run this program on other Macs
and different versions of LSC with no probs.  Currently I'm running LSC 3.02, a
Mac IIX (8MB RAM). Any thoughts?  Many thanks!

Note: My project folder includes:

mactraps
hello.c
stdio