C/2 under OS/2

Kevin_P_McCarty at cup.portal.com Kevin_P_McCarty at cup.portal.com
Wed Mar 15 14:25:02 AEST 1989

In <357 at rruxd.UUCP>, wws at rruxd.UUCP (W W Scott) writes:
>I'm trying to compile a C program under IBM's C/2 but the libraries containing
>the standard C functions can not be found.  I read that the C libraries must
>be built using IBM's macro assembler before a C program can be compiled.

Where on earth did you read that?  This would only apply if you were
writing your own libraries in assembler.

>Why would they not ship the libraries as part of C/2?  We're speculating
>that this is how IBM sells more software.  Does anyone have any ideas?

It is apparent that you are not the person who installed the compiler
on your system; the installation procedure asks you which libraries
you want built and where you want them put.

I suggest you look in the directory where the compiler is.  You should
have a BIN subdirectory containing the executables, an INCLUDE
subdirectory containing header files, and a LIB subdirectory containing
libraries. You must also set environment variables pointing to these
directories.  Stop speculating and dig up the documentation describing
the installation procedure; you'll find more details there.

Kevin McCarty