Want a way to strip comments from a

dave brown dave at motto.UUCP
Tue Mar 21 02:26:52 AEST 1989

I missed the original posting, so I didn't catch the exact question,
but when I have needed to remove comments, I have simply passed the
source through the preprocessor stage of the compiler only.  Granted,
this does a lot of other things, which may or may not be undesirable
for your application.  Some compilers, however, have options on
the preprocessor which can limit the scope of the damage.

If the original poster still hasn't solved his problem, he can contact
me.  I think we also have a quick and dirty C program which someone wrote
which does the job.