C Programming Estimates

Larry Podmolik larry at zeek.UUCP
Sat Mar 4 09:15:23 AEST 1989

Come on,  guys.  I  can't believe  nobody has any  advice/opinions  on
estimates  and/or standards for C programming.  However, I  only got 1
reply  to  my last  posting.  Our news  feed was erratic for a  while;
maybe some were just lost.

Anyway, I'm asking again for information on the following subjects:

1.  C programming estimates for programmers of various levels  working
on programs  of  varying  complexity.  I would  prefer  something like
lines of code/day or time to  complete an (easy, medium,  hard) module
of x  length.  Also, how  long do  you think people need to be trained
before they are productive?

2.  C programming  guidelines/standards, EXCLUDING  formatting issues,
but   definitely  including  organization,   modularity,  portability,
questionable practices to avoid, etc.

Thanks in advance, Larry