Character constants

Daniel Lanier daniel at gonzo.UUCP
Wed Mar 8 19:47:07 AEST 1989

In article <1113 at auspex.UUCP> guy at auspex.UUCP (Guy Harris) writes:
>Doug Gwyn indicated that one version of a C compiler delivered by one
>vendor decided that
>
>	sizeof "this is a big fat string"
>
>was the same as
>
>	sizeof (char *)
>
>which is simply not correct.  Your simple test program may give the
>wrong answer if your compiler is buggy.

tick-tock, tick-tock, bing!

	Gould UTX 1.2

"I have here in my hand a list of 63 known compiler bugs that walk like a
duck, talk like a duck, and look like a duck, and I want to know what
the administration is going to do about them."

Sometimes you have to name names, or at least feel a compulsive urge...

	Danil

--
							"Wiseguy, huh?"