computer magazines

Farrell Woods ftw at masscomp.UUCP
Wed Mar 1 01:39:02 AEST 1989

In article <11308 at umn-cs.CS.UMN.EDU> kehyoe at umn-cs.CS.UMN.EDU (Ong Keh Yoe) writes:
>Hello,

>	Could someone give me any good suggestions for computer
>magazines that deal mainly with programming techniques ?

Pick up a copy or two of Computer Language.  It's the only magazine that I
recall that deals specifically with languages and programming techniques
peculiar to them.

Dr. Dobbs current issue compares windowing systems from an application
programming perspective.

>I am
>looking for articles very similar to Programming Pearls by Jon Bentley,
>or perhaps, Software Tools by Kernighan and Ritchie.

Software Tools was originally authored by Brian Kernighan and P. J. (Bill)
Plauger.  A followup, Software Tools in Pascal, was also by these two authors.
The latter book prompted one of the authors to write a paper which compared C
and Pascal.  That paper started out by drawing an analogy between programming
in C vs. Pascal, and flying a Learjet vs. a Piper Cub.

Followups to comp.misc and comp.edu.

--
Farrell T. Woods				Voice: (508) 692-6200 x2471
MASSCOMP Operating Systems Group		Internet: ftw at masscomp.com
1 Technology Way				uucp: {backbones}!masscomp!ftw
Westford, MA 01886				OS/2: Half an operating system