Cake (was Recursive #includes)

Robert Claeson prc at maxim.ERBE.SE
Tue Mar 7 00:06:11 AEST 1989

In article <9788 at smoke.BRL.MIL>, gwyn at smoke.BRL.MIL (Doug Gwyn ) writes:

> Which is yet another error in the implementation of "cake".
> /lib/cpp, when it exists, is not intended to be used except via "cc",
> and there is no guarantee that /lib/cpp (or "cc -E") will even exist.

So why not just remove the call of /lib/cpp from the cake source?
Anyway, I recently wrote an "xmake" command that runs its "xmakef"
file thru cc -E (which generates a normal makefile) before running
the usual make command. I find it convenient for managing multiple
versions and targets.

--
Robert Claeson, ERBE DATA AB, P.O. Box 77, S-175 22 Jarfalla, Sweden
Tel: +46 (0)758-202 50  Fax: +46 (0)758-197 20