Texts on fundamentals of programming/computer science

isaac.j.champagne isaac at cbnewsc.ATT.COM
Thu Mar 30 10:55:28 AEST 1989

I'm an electrical engineer, who learned computer programming
via Fortran, but have done a fair amount of C programming at work.
I'm interested in doing some reading to strengthen my knowledge of
the fundamentals for "software engineering" or computer science.

So what are some good texts that cover the fundamentals of programming?
I'm particularly interested in:
 	1.A text with more examples than confusing computer science
  	  theory (preferably w/examples in C)
	2.How about some good background in data structures?
	3.How about programming paradigms? It seems like the "how to"
	  of programming may be more important than lots of
	  theories.

Any ideas as to things that a computer programmer should know.

Thanks,
Isaac Champagne,Jr.
ixn5c!isaac   ATT-Bell Labs
              Indian Hill South