Want C syntax in lex

Henry Spencer henry at utzoo.uucp
Thu Mar 30 08:46:49 AEST 1989

In article <2188 at mister-curious.sw.mcc.com> loo at mister-curious.sw.mcc.com (Joel Loo) writes:
>Is there a C syntax definition in lex which can be obtained easily?

Um, surely you are thinking of yacc, not lex?  It's easy enough to write
a lex description of the syntax of C's tokens, if you ignore one or two
preprocessor oddities, but a full syntax of C can't possibly be done in
lex -- you need something like yacc for that.

I did a lex description of C tokens a couple of years ago which I can post
if people are interested.  It's not up-to-date in a couple of small respects,
I think, but it's close.
--
Welcome to Mars!  Your         |     Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
passport and visa, comrade?    | uunet!attcan!utzoo!henry henry at zoo.toronto.edu