WANTED: do while no key pressed (in portable code)

Henry Spencer henry at utzoo.uucp
Wed Mar 29 02:58:01 AEST 1989

In article <11119 at pur-ee.UUCP> hankd at pur-ee.UUCP (Hank Dietz) writes:
>In v7, it was added as empty(fd) (actually read(fd,NULL,0)) to test if a
>char could be read without actually reading it...

Sorry, you are thinking of a V7 variant, not V7 as released.  NULL was a
valid buffer address in V7 and hence could not be used for such a test
(and was not -- I just checked our V7 sources).
--
Welcome to Mars!  Your         |     Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
passport and visa, comrade?    | uunet!attcan!utzoo!henry henry at zoo.toronto.edu