Question about linking files

Henry Spencer henry at utzoo.uucp
Tue Mar 28 05:42:44 AEST 1989

In article <10126 at bloom-beacon.MIT.EDU> jfc at athena.mit.edu (John F Carr) writes:
>(My guess at the answer to the above questions: "the standard can not attempt
>to define behavior when different compilers are used for different source
>files, or when interacting with languages other than standard C.")

Right.  It is not guaranteed that it will even be possible.  (Plausible
example:  an interpretive implementation might not support such things
at all.)  These are "quality of implementation" issues.
--
Welcome to Mars!  Your         |     Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
passport and visa, comrade?    | uunet!attcan!utzoo!henry henry at zoo.toronto.edu