Args to C progs??

Carl Paukstis carlp at iscuva.ISCS.COM
Sun Mar 5 19:49:07 AEST 1989

In article <9600003 at silver> [name deleted to protect the guilty] writes:

>     I am writing a program in Turbo C and would like to know how to pass
>arguments to it from the command line after it is compiled to a .exe file.

[simple mistake deleted]

Did a new semester just start?  I know, I'm just as guilty of wasting
bandwidth with this followup, but I just can't help it.  Seems like an
unusually large bunch of these types of articles lately.  I'm especially
diamayed by this in comp.lang.c, which has generally been remarkably free
of blatant beginner's mistakes.

ATTENTION NEW USERS OF THE NET:  Please read "news.anounce.newusers", and
please contemplate reading a manual or textbook before posting.  Answers to
elementary questions are best found in resources at hand, rather than on a
worldwide network.

There, I've got that out of my system now.  Thanks for your indulgence.
(By way of atonement for my own sins, I sent a pleasant response via email
to the party above.  S/He probably knows more about argc,argv now than s/he
originally wanted to know.))
--
Carl Paukstis    +1 509 927 5600 x5321  |"The right to be heard does not
                                        | automatically include the right
UUCP:     carlp at iscuvc.ISCS.COM         | to be taken seriously."
          ...uunet!iscuva!carlp         |                  - H. H. Humphrey