Want a way to strip comments from a

Leo de Wit leo at philmds.UUCP
Wed Mar 22 22:08:17 AEST 1989

In article <852 at lynx.zyx.SE> pem at spunk.zyx.SE (Per-Erik Martin) writes:
|Here's another example in C. It *is* a piece of cake (15 minutes work).
|The problem can be described with a simple automata which is easily coded
|in in C (with goto's, >yech<). I've tested it on most of the pathological
|examples given in this group and it seems to work.
    []

Appearances are deceptive, it won't handle trigraphs. For instance, try:
??' (trigraph for ^) and your code thinks it is in_char.

What's worse, on systems where char isn't signed and EOF == -1, it will
fail to see EOF (suggestion: don't use a char to compare against EOF).

Another cake that is hard to digest (let alone the goto's, it was baked
in only 15 minutes) 8-).

	 Leo.

P.S. What's the benefit of having a separate program strip off comments anyway?