Question about linking files

RAMontante bobmon at iuvax.cs.indiana.edu
Wed Mar 29 01:30:42 AEST 1989

Tim_CDC_Roberts at cup.portal.com <16315 at cup.portal.com> :  [ condensed ]
-
-If I read the original correctly, he is saying that given:
-
-   MY.LIB  <==  A.OBJ  entry points A1  A2  A3  externals C1
-                B.OBJ  entry points B1  B2  B3
-                C.OBJ  entry points C1  C2  C3
-
-   main () { a1();  a3(); }
-
-	[ ... ]
-
-Now, if A, B, and C are all modules on a single OBJ, and that OBJ is fed
-to the linker, then one would expect all three to appear on the executable.

I didn't mean all entries in a LIBrary, I meant all modules in the same
original OBJ.  In fact the simplest "fix" is to make a library out of it.
The question was:  is such behavior (linking everything in the OBJ)
necessary for some reason, or is it more likely to be a hack for
speed/simplicity of compilation (or a bug)?

Sorry I wasn't clear the first time.