comment token mistake

Norman Diamond diamond at diamond.csl.sony.junet
Tue May 2 14:41:17 AEST 1989

In article <10179 at smoke.BRL.MIL> gwyn at brl.arpa (Doug Gwyn) writes:

>Maybe he thought that people who don't use white space deserve to
>be punished.

That can't be the reason.  If it were the reason, then

    a =- b;

would not have been fixed.  (Just like the ambiguous a+++b has not
been fixed, and the unambiguous a+++++b has not been fixed.)

Norman Diamond, Sony Computer Science Lab (diamond%csl.sony.jp at relay.cs.net)
  The above opinions are my own.   |  Why are programmers criticized for
  If they're also your opinions,   |  re-inventing the wheel, when car
  you're infringing my copyright.  |  manufacturers are praised for it?