Was Einstein wrong after all? (was: Re: ambiguous ?)

Rick Schubert rns at se-sd.NCR.COM
Wed Oct 25 05:45:12 AEST 1989

In article <14099 at lanl.gov> jlg at lanl.gov (Jim Giles) writes:
>Actually, I agree with the signature line.  C _is_ equally bad
>in all contexts.

It comes to no surprise to me, and probably not to most of the readers of
this newsgroup, that this is your attitude about C.  I have a very serious
question for you:  What is your purpose in participating in this newsgroup?
Many people in comp.lang.c are critical of some aspects of C, but at least
most of them have some basic like for the language.  I could have mailed
this to you, since it borders on a flame (and flames are best dealt
with privately), but I want you to publicly state what your purpose is.

I also read comp.lang.fortran, and I don't see people criticizing Fortran
in the way you criticize C.  I don't think that means that there aren't
people who feel that Fortran is worthless.  In fact, I've seen several
regular contributors to comp.lang.c also post to comp.lang.fortran on occasion,
and I suspect at least some of these could eloquently rip apart that language.
I suspect they don't feel that it is appropriate to do so.