Recursive Definitions: Trouble or Bad news?

Norman Diamond diamond at csl.sony.co.jp
Fri Oct 13 12:33:23 AEST 1989

In article <7657 at cdis-1.uucp> tanner at cdis-1.uucp (Dr. T. Andrews) writes:
>I should be interested to know the latest ANSI wisdom on a construct
>requesting that token BLUNGE be replaced by itself:
>	#define BLUNGE BLUNGE

This works.  ANSI says that nested replacements do not recognize a
macro name which has already been replaced.  It's not so clear with
more complicated examples though.

--
Norman Diamond, Sony Corp. (diamond%ws.sony.junet at uunet.uu.net seems to work)
  The above opinions are inherited by your machine's init process (pid 1),