Type of expression sizeof(x)

Inst.f.Techn.Informatik inst182 at tuvie
Mon Oct 2 23:41:27 AEST 1989

In article <145 at bbxsda.UUCP> scott at bbxsda.UUCP (Scott Amspoker) writes:

>I hope the ANSI draft doesn't leave this as "implementation dependent".
>Some idiot implementor somewhere will make sizeof() return float.
							    ^^^^^
Why not? If someone would write a C compiler for the HP28 calculators,
which use 8 bit characters and 20 bit pointers, sizeof (void *) would be
2.5 :-).

>--
>Scott Amspoker
>Basis International, Albuquerque, NM
>(505) 345-5232

|  |   |  \  | Peter J. Holzer					|
|  |___|__/  | Technische Universitaet Wien			|
|  |   |     | ...!uunet!mcvax!tuvie!asupa!honey!hjphr		|
|	     | Think of it as evolution in action -- Tony Rand	|