ambiguous ?

Doug Gwyn gwyn at smoke.BRL.MIL
Tue Oct 17 14:59:19 AEST 1989

In article <14089 at lanl.gov> jlg at lanl.gov (Jim Giles) writes:
>From article <11312 at smoke.BRL.MIL>, by gwyn at smoke.BRL.MIL (Doug Gwyn):
>> Both, because the order in which function arguments are evaluated has
>> always been implementation-dependent.  [...]
>Maybe that's what it has "always" been - but the ANSI standard says
>different.

You should not try to explain to others concepts with which you
obviously disagree, because you let your personal bias get in the way.

What I said is absolutely correct, and agrees with the Standard.
Perhaps you don't know what "dependent" means?

The proposed ANSI Standard for C leaves the order of argument
evaluation unspecified, thus it depends on the implementation.
This is indeed the way it always has been.