enum type checking and switches question

Tom Neff tneff at bfmny0.UU.NET
Fri Oct 27 02:28:27 AEST 1989

In article <1489 at crdos1.crd.ge.COM> davidsen at crdos1.UUCP (bill davidsen) writes:
>  Makinging [enum] work in a range checking manner would break a lot of
>programs, but I wish there was a way. Your compiler is not broken for
>failing to perform the checks, that's the way it works.

Lint, on the other hand, ought to be more than welcome to perform the
appropriate checks.  I think Gimpel caught me once on enum, but I dunno
whether or what other implementations do.
--
Hey, where'd the Colombian Coffee ads go all of   %8  Tom Neff
a sudden!  Is Juan Valdez hiding in Panama?       8%  tneff at bfmny0.UU.NET