lint question - how to "import" VARARGS

Alan J Rosenthal flaps at dgp.toronto.edu
Sun Oct 1 04:09:41 AEST 1989

dg at lakart.UUCP (David Goodenough) writes:
>Now, when linting these two together, everything is just fine ...
>But if I lint the second source on it's own, how do I tell lint ...

>I'd like to keep this to constructive suggestions ...

Well, this is not a solution to your problem, but I think it is an answer to
your question.

I think you are not following the model of lint.  Lint's phase one is applied
to files individually, but lint's phase two is applied to all files being
linked together.  You must specify all files and libraries used if you want the
phase two output to be meaningful.

Possibly your problem could be solved by use of lint libraries.  The method for
creating these is machine-specific, but man lint should tell you.  A lint
library is just the phase two input from a bunch of files.  If the reason you
want to lint them separately is for speed or for source license questions, this
should solve your problem.

ajr

--
Vs encr vf n xvaq bs frk, gura n chapu va gur zbhgu vf n xvaq bs gnyxvat.