need EBCDIC to ASCII function

USENET News System news at laas.laas.fr
Fri Oct 20 18:36:27 AEST 1989

In article <7214 at cognos.UUCP> alanm at cognos.UUCP (Alan Myrvold) writes:
|  In article <1060 at einstein.misemi> lalonde at .UUCP (Terry Lalonde - iccad) writes:
|  >I need a C function that converts a given EBCDIC character
|  >to it's ASCII equiv...
|
|  Based on the Unix 'dd conv=ascii' conversions :
|
|  [...]
|  Men aren't pigs ... pigs are smarter

How true, but aren't there still TWO official translations between
ASCII and EBCDIC?  I believe that's one reason why uuencoded stuff
sometimes breaks going through BITNET.  Or is the one cited above the
one-and-only?

Cheers,

Ralph P. Sobek			  Disclaimer: The above ruminations are my own.
ralph at laas.laas.fr			   Addresses are ordered by importance.
ralph at laas.uucp, or ...!uunet!mcvax!laas!ralph		If all else fails, try:
SOBEK at FRMOP11.BITNET				      sobek at eclair.Berkeley.EDU