Strings in C (Re: ambiguous ?)

Geoffrey Rogers grogers at sushi.uucp
Thu Oct 26 23:36:04 AEST 1989

In article <6676 at ficc.uu.net> peter at ficc.uu.net (Peter da Silva) writes:
>In most Macintosh C compilers that I've seen, the syntax !"%p...."! is
>used to indicate byte-counted strings. P stands for "pascal".
>
>Was X3J11 aware of this? Or are the Mac compiler vendors going to change?

Why should Mac compiler vendors have to change this feature. It is an
extension of the language, which they deem important for there market
place.

The only real question is, do they document it as an extension?

Geoffrey C. Rogers				"Whose brain did you get?"
{uunet,sun}!convex!grogers			"Abie Normal!"
grogers at convex.com