on the fringe of C syntax/semantics

Wm E Davidsen Jr davidsen at crdos1.crd.ge.COM
Wed Oct 4 23:15:19 AEST 1989

In article <80100001 at bonzo>, roy at bonzo.sts.COM writes:

|  Here are a couple questions that come up in conjunction with using the
|  'varargs' series of function calls.  When calling the va_arg()
|  function, the 2nd parameter is supposed to be simply a type, such as
   ^^^^^^^^^ nope, macro. Does that make it clear?

It does something like this:
	#define va_arg(list,mode) list+=sizeof(mode),((mode *)list)[-1]
or somthing along those lines.

|  '(int *())' and '(int ())' were two tries at declaring a general function

  If I understand the question, you want (int(*)())
--
bill davidsen	(davidsen at crdos1.crd.GE.COM -or- uunet!crdgw1!crdos1!davidsen)
that the world is flat!" - anon