ambiguous ?

Doug Gwyn gwyn at smoke.BRL.MIL
Thu Oct 19 19:12:29 AEST 1989

In article <14090 at lanl.gov> jlg at lanl.gov (Jim Giles) writes:
-From article <11318 at smoke.BRL.MIL>, by gwyn at smoke.BRL.MIL (Doug Gwyn):
-> The proposed ANSI Standard for C leaves the order of argument
-> evaluation unspecified, thus it depends on the implementation.
-> This is indeed the way it always has been.
-
-If they had meant that the behaviour was simply implementation defined,
-that's what they would have said.

If *I* had meant that the behavior was implementation defined, that's
what *I* would have said!  Can't you read, or what?

-The standard SPECIFICALLY separates the concept of implementation
-defined from the concept of unspecified behaviours.

You look mighty foolish trying to "explain" this to me.

	- D A Gwyn
	  X3J11 Response Document Editor