The final word on GOTO (Don't I wis

Paul Connelly connelly at deimos.cis.ksu.edu
Tue Oct 10 05:52:43 AEST 1989

In article <4467 at buengc.BU.EDU> bph at buengc.bu.edu (Blair P. Houghton) writes:

-P.S.  Exercise:  Show that allowing multiple "case 'x':" labels
-for each constant 'x' would give exactly the results that the "cases"
-keyword provides...the meaning of "break" changes, however, from
-"termination of the smallest enclosing while, do, for, or switch," to
-"termination of the smallest enclosing while, do, or for; or, jump
-to the next matching case-label in the smallest enclosing switch;
-or, iff no further cases match, terminate the smallest enclosing switch..."

I think "break" should take you out of whatever, less confusion that way,
but, since we're living in a dream world, let's use "continue" to jump
to the next matching case constant in the smallest enclosing switch. :-)

--
W. Paul Connelly                                     Dept. of Comp. & Info. Sci.
BITNET:   connelly at ksuvax1.bitnet                      Kansas State University