sizeof a struc field

Wm E Davidsen Jr davidsen at crdos1.crd.ge.COM
Thu Oct 26 03:37:36 AEST 1989

In article <680011 at hpmwjaa.HP.COM>, jeffa at hpmwtd.HP.COM (Jeff Aguilera) writes:
|  Doug Gwyn is determined to make C useless.  If sizeof((T*)0->member)
|  is not valid in ANSI C, then ANSI C must be changed.  C is too
|  valuable a programming language to prohibit useful constructs just
|  because a few zealous pedants dislike them.
                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

  Whoa! If you can't find technical grounds to refute his arguments,
don't stoop to personal attacks. I certainly disagree with Doug on this,
not only on what it *should* mean, but what it *does* mean, but I won't
get into a name calling contest.

  Doug has been helpful in clarifying a number of issues and should not
be attacked personally because you disagree with him. Spend your time
finding technical arguments, or send him personal hate mail. Just
because he's totally wrong on this doesn't make him a bad person ;-)

--
bill davidsen	(davidsen at crdos1.crd.GE.COM -or- uunet!crdgw1!crdos1!davidsen)
that the world is flat!" - anon