ambiguous ?

Doug Gwyn gwyn at smoke.BRL.MIL
Tue Oct 24 01:02:38 AEST 1989

In article <14108 at lanl.gov> jlg at lanl.gov (Jim Giles) writes:
>The main (almost exclusive) reason C spreads to some
>sites is that the _management_ begins to believe all the hype and
>decides to _require_ conversion.

Perhaps this sheds some light on YOUR situation and helps explain
why you're so dead-set against C.  If you can neither reason with
your management nor learn to live with their decisions, you could
get a job elsewhere.  If the whole world seems to be involved in
a conspiracy to force C on you, then you have more serious problems.

Most C programmers that I know chose to use C without any prompting
from management.  Hell, our management isn't qualified to choose
programming languages for us.