sizeof a struc field

dave brown dave at motto.UUCP
Fri Oct 13 03:17:00 AEST 1989

In many articles many people write:

    all kinds of arguments about why or why not (((type *)0)->anything)
    is disallowed in the context of compile-time expressions.

I apologize if I missed it, but is there a legal ANSI way of doing what
the original poster wanted to do, which I assume was to assign the size
of a structure to a variable at compile time.

Thanks.