Help...

Doug Gwyn gwyn at smoke.BRL.MIL
Mon Oct 16 13:52:31 AEST 1989

In article <143 at .rsp.is> orn at rsp.is (Orn E. Hansen) writes:
>Randomly trying things gives you a multiple perspective to observe a single
>point.  Sometimes called SCIENCE, ..

No, we generally consider somebody who randomly tries things as a very
poor scientist.

>How would you othervise come to know, what isn't known?  to understand what
>is misunderstood?

You can reason about things on the basis of the experience and knowledge
you already have.  When that is insufficient, you should at least have
identified specifically the gap in your knowledge, so you can take NON-
random steps to find out what else you need to know.

There is really no excuse for randomly poking around in C; there are
numerous good text and reference books about C to which you could refer.