Reading in Functions

Doug McDonald mcdonald at aries.uiuc.edu
Thu Oct 19 06:22:38 AEST 1989

In article <1197 at utkcs2.cs.utk.edu> wozniak at utkux1.utk.edu (Bryon Lape) writes:

>	How does one write a procedure in C so that the user can type in
>a formula from the keyboard and the programme will graph it?  I can
>handle the graphing part, but what I want to be able to do is is have a
>programme that will read in a function and graph the result.
>

>-bryon-

Well, you read the formula into a char array and then either
interpret or compile it to get a y value at each x point. There
is a program called "gnuplot" that does this, and the graphing too.
I have written a formula compiler for the 8086 and use that.
I also have an interpreter (only) that I could send you.

Doug McDonald (mcdonald at uxe.cso.uiuc.edu)