This one bit me today

Norman Joseph norm at oglvee.UUCP
Fri Oct 6 22:52:33 AEST 1989

>From article <2432 at hub.UUCP>, by dougp at voodoo.ucsb.edu:
> -Message-Text-Follows-
> main()
>   {
>   int a=1,b=2,*p=&a,c;
>   c=b/*p;
>   }
>
> First real flaw in the C grammer I have found.

I think it's just as fair to say that the fault lies not in the Grammar
but in the Programmer (with apologies to Shakespeare).  Not only would
the judicious use of white space have prevented this "flaw", but it makes
good sense for readability & maintenance.

What makes people afraid to hit the space bar?  Is it sloth, or ignorance?
--
Norm Joseph - Oglevee Computer System, Inc.
  UUCP: ...!{pitt,cgh}!amanue!oglvee!norm