time() warp.

Dave Hammond daveh at marob.masa.com
Sat Oct 7 03:44:10 AEST 1989

In article <252BFD80.194C at marob.masa.com> I wrote about problems using
time().  The mysterious clock problems turned out to be simply a matter
of a particular routine "assuming" that a standard header had properly
declared time(), when in fact that was not so.  The clock "flip-flop"
effect was the result of taking the time() value as a 32-bit quantity in
some places and a 16-bit quantity in others.

I apologize to the net for wasting bandwidth with this problem, as a
simple "linting" would have pointed me in the right direction.

My thanks to Tim Olson (tim at amd.com) for replying so quickly and
pointing out what should have been obvious.

--
Dave Hammond
daveh at marob.masa.com