threads for C/C++ under Unix?

Don Libes libes at cme.nbs.gov
Wed Oct 11 02:58:42 AEST 1989

In article <6486 at ficc.uu.net> peter at ficc.uu.net (Peter da Silva) writes:
>In article <12298 at polya.Stanford.EDU> hall at eclipse.stanford.edu (Keith Hall) writes:
>>   1.  Does a portable preemptive thread package for Unix, such as
>>       described above, exist?
>
>There isn't even a portable non-preemptive threads package. There isn't
>even a co-routine package.

ConcurrenC is preemptive thread package for UNIX based on Xinu.  It is
not entirely portable, but it is as close as possible.

Here is the relevant stuff from a posting by Ken Rodemann in comp.os.xinu:

   ...Unix C library routines are made mutual exclusive, and a
   blocking I/O ConcurrenC task does not block other tasks in the
   system.  The ConcurrenC system includes src for the Xinu/ConcurrenC
   routines, source for modified Unix C library routines, and manual
   pages which list the Xinu name changes within ConcurrenC,
   restricted Unix system calls, etc.