Strings in C (Re: ambiguous ?)

Peter da Silva peter at ficc.uu.net
Sat Oct 28 03:34:41 AEST 1989

[ !"%p...."! is used to indicate byte-counted strings. P stands for "pascal".
  I asked: "Was X3J11 aware of this? Or are the Mac compiler vendors going
	    to change?" ]

In article <2421 at convex.UUCP> grogers at convex.COM (Geoffrey Rogers) writes:
> Why should Mac compiler vendors have to change this feature. It is an
> extension of the language, which they deem important for there market
> place.

Well, yes, but for one thing. ANSI seems to have defined !%p! as pointer
format. (so, what does !printf("%04p", ptr);! display on an 8086?)

(or was I asleep when I read that?)
--
`-_-' Peter da Silva <peter at ficc.uu.net> <peter at sugar.hackercorp.com>.
 'U`  --------------  +1 713 274 5180.