Nested comments (was Re: This one bit me today)

Tom Neff tneff at bfmny0.UU.NET
Sat Oct 21 02:24:35 AEST 1989

In particular, a nested-comments compiler might louse up the common form
of optional configuration defines:

	/* #define SYSV /* set this for System V */
	#define BSD4_3 /* set this for BSD 4.3 */
	/* #define VMS /* set this for VMS */

etcetera.  It was a species of cuteness to capitalize on such comment
strangeness in the first place IMHO but now we're in bed with it.
--
"NASA Announces New Deck Chair Arrangement For   \_/  Tom Neff
Space Station Titanic" -- press release 89-7654  \_/  tneff at bfmny0.UU.NET