MS C vs Turbo C

david.dougherty daved at cbnewsl.ATT.COM
Thu Oct 5 22:19:05 AEST 1989

In article <1727 at naucse.UUCP> wew at naucse.UUCP (Bill Wilson) writes:
>From article <23303.25258F1F at urchin.fidonet.org>, by Bob.Stout at p6.f506.n106.z1.fidonet.org (Bob Stout):
>> "A better buy"? Turbo C by a wide margin. A better compiler? Microsoft by a
>> much slimmer margin. Better for mixed-language programming? No contest, MSC is
>> the only real choice for mixed-language programmers. You also didn't mention

I'd love to use Borland's Turbo C, but I can't.  It's just not a robust
compiler.  You see, recently, I purchased TurboTeX from the Kinch Computer
Company; I also bought the source.  Now, TeX and METAFONT are very large
programs.  Turbo C choked.  MSC 5.1 compiled it without so much as a
hiccup.  I've found this to be true in general.  I LOVE Turbo Pascal,
but I just don't think that Borland did things right with their C product.

--
David W. Dougherty @ AT&T Bell Laboratories
ARPA: dwd at attunix.att.COM