BEST MSDOS C EDITOR?

Alastair Dallas awd at dbase.UUCP
Thu Sep 14 00:36:06 AEST 1989

I don't want to clutter the newsgroup, but a previous poster recommended
Epsilon from Lugaru.  He described several features of BRIEF (run compiler
from editor, parse output to position to error line, unlimited files/size,
configurable using internal editor-description language, etc.) and then
commented that Epsilion was the only editor he knew of with these features.

Well, BRIEF has these features and a few more and you don't have to mess
with learning Emacs.  We had an Emacs-type here once, but he's gone now.
At the moment, we're divided between vi users and BRIEF users in our shop.
We all know that editors are religious issues (who started this thread,
anyway?), but I can highly recommend BRIEF from over three years of use--
it's largely modeless and its optimized for the PC environment and it is
completely configurable (I weaned myself from WordStar just by making
BRIEF look like WordStar, for example).

/alastair/