Structuring this newsgroup

Tom Neff tneff at bfmny0.UU.NET
Tue Sep 12 03:34:51 AEST 1989

Splitting the newsgroup won't help.  I am addressing the issue of why
expert contributors to this and other newsgroups tend to say "RTFM"
rather than repetitively and kindly re-explaining everything every time
a newbie [not a pejorative] asks a novice or inappropriate question.
It's not cost efficient to pretend this is CIS/BPROGA.

Newsreader education lags; things fall apart, the [computing?] center
cannot hold; there is no perfect solution; but no opportunity to remind
folks of new.announce.newusers should go amiss.

Enough trivia, back to C.
--
Annex Canada now!  We need the room,	\)	Tom Neff
    and who's going to stop us.		(\	tneff at bfmny0.UU.NET