Function-types: compatability, and typedefs

Kers kers at hpld.hpl.hp.com
Fri Sep 1 06:40:48 AEST 1989

Urhm.

After my previous posting (let's hope they go out together) I found some
discussion in comp.std.c on the function pointer issue. I can't imagine how
I'd missed it before; I apologise. The typedef question stands, as does my
remaining question:

if I cast (say) (int (*)( void *, void *)) strcmp, and pass it to (say) qsort
(as the compar parameter), can I expect it to work, and does such usage
conform to the pANS? (I suspect the answers to be Yes (on many
implementations) and No, respectively).
--

Regards, Kers.
"If anything anyone lacks, they'll find it all ready in stacks."