Declaration within a loop.

Peter Lim plim at hpsgpa.HP.COM
Thu Sep 28 17:58:53 AEST 1989

/ hpsgpa:comp.lang.c / tim at cayman.amd.com (Tim Olson) /  3:11 am  Sep 28, 1989 /

> But sometimes it is better to declare the variable in the block to
> limit its scope rather than to make every variable visible to the
> entire function.  For example, say I want to debug a function by
> printing out a linked list at a certain point.  I can say something
> like:

Well, why don't you do something like adding an extra pair of braces
before and after the loop like:

  {
  int i;
     do {
       .
       .
     } while (1);
  }

this should limit the scope of i in the loop and clear the ambiguity
of whether i is re-allocated every time round the loop.
** Seem obvious to me.

Regards,
Peter Lim.
HP Singapore IC Design Center.