register variable???

Chris Torek chris at mimsy.UUCP
Wed Sep 13 23:02:43 AEST 1989

In article <615 at ccssrv.UUCP> perry at ccssrv.UUCP (Perry Hutchison) writes:
>Provided he has it on his system

In this case, he did (he said `a Sun'; all Suns have lint).

>and understands the (frequently cryptic) messages it produces.

This is a somewhat better objection.  However, in this case, the message
from lint is of the form:

	warning: i evaluation order undefined.

That, plus different outputs from different compilations, should be enough
for anyone to figure out that, well, the evaluation order is undefined and
in fact does vary.