Healthy skepticism towards documentation

Christoph Kuenkel ckl at uwbln.UUCP
Wed Sep 13 05:37:28 AEST 1989

In article <11031 at smoke.BRL.MIL>, gwyn at smoke.BRL.MIL (Doug Gwyn) writes:
> In article <1813 at uwbull.uwbln.UUCP> ckl at uwbln.UUCP (Christoph Kuenkel) writes:
> >6. remember, what was in v6. fna ? do i really need it ? fi
>
> I'm curious why this is a factor.  Surely any site running 6th Edition
> UNIX should have acquired a license upgrade, then the BRL/JHU version
> of UNIX, 2.nBSD, or some similar modernized version?

its simply cause my expirience is that those things that were present
in v6 still work on what unix variant soever.  this very year i had to port
software to computers which did not handle struct assignements, bitfields
and void pointers.

i'm afraid our customers dont like me to tell them, well, go get your
svr2 emulation and call me again!

:-) christoph

ps: no we dont have customers running 6th edition...
--
# include <std/disclaimer.h>
Christoph Kuenkel/UniWare GmbH       Kantstr. 152, 1000 Berlin 12, West Germany