Structuring this newsgroup (was Re: C question [RTFM])

Tim_CDC_Roberts at cup.portal.com Tim_CDC_Roberts at cup.portal.com
Sat Sep 9 03:41:59 AEST 1989

I'm afraid I have to agree with Leo Hinds.

If we create comp.lang.c.beginner  and  comp.lang.c.advanced, then where
do you think beginners are going to ask their questions?  "Let me see,
I have a question (what is the comma operator) that surely only an
advanced C user would know.  So, I'll post it to comp.lang.c.advanced!"

Similarly, if only beginners subscribed to comp.lang.c.beginner, then
who is going to answer their questions?  Other beginners?  ("Well, you
see, the comma operator is used to separate arguments to functions, and
as a side effect guarantees order of evaluation...")

I agree that there is a lot of traffic on comp.lang.c, but I don't know
how to (or even if we should) reduce it.

Tim_CDC_Roberts at cup.portal.com                | Control Data...
...!sun!portal!cup.portal.com!tim_cdc_roberts |   ...or it will control you.