SCRIPTIC new programming language

mccaugh at s.cs.uiuc.edu mccaugh at s.cs.uiuc.edu
Sat Sep 23 09:20:46 AEST 1989

Yes, SCRIPTIC (not SCRYPTIC, I hope) sounds intriguing, but for parallel
programming on a PC? Does that mean it can simulate multi-processing exec-
ution (or at least handle concurrent processes)? That would be attractive.
Otherwise, I wonder if the example indicates more of a stylistic diversion,
as it seems:

                if(c=getchar())=='H') printf("Hello!\n");
                else if(c=='G') printf("Goodbye!\n");
                /* also executed a la 'exclusive-or' */

would exhibit similar behavior. Also, do you have any references for the
"theory of process algebra" you mentioned? Thanks.

Scott